Monday, April 29, 2013
Kankakee County Convention and Visitors Bureau has a new online Meeting Planner's Guide. This planning guide is designed to assist you with your meeting requirements and to provide you with the information you need to make your meeting a successful event. Download your copy HERE.
Located just an hour south of Chicago off of Interstate 57, the Kankakee River Valley offers a peaceful setting for meetings, retreats, and special events. Find the perfect location for your event from a conference center to auditoriums, classrooms, theaters, and ballrooms. For a truly unique event consider one of Kankakee County’s historic landmarks or outdoor facilities.
We are here to assist you with your planning and servicing needs, so please give us a call—it’s toll free: 1-800-747-4837.
Monday, April 15, 2013
· CVBs can offer unbiased information about services and facilities in the destination.
· CVBs serve as a vast information database and a one-stop shop, thus saving planners time, energy and money in the development of a meeting.
· CVBs act as a liaison between the planner and the community. For example, CVBs are aware of community events with which your meeting may beneficially coincide (like festivals or sporting events). .
· CVBs can help meeting attendees maximize their free time through the creation of pre and post-conference activities, spouse tours, and hosting of special evening events.
· CVBs can provide hotel room counts and meeting space statistics, and will keep a convention/meetings/events calendar in order to help planners avoid conflicts and/or space shortages.
Other services provided to planners include:
· Collateral material
· Help with on-site logistics, including registration
· Housing bureaus
· Auxiliary services, such as production companies, catering, transportation
· Site inspections/familiarization tours and site selection
· Speakers and local educational opportunities
· Coordination of local transportation
· Access to special venues
The overall job of a CVB is to market and sell a destination. A CVB wants every single client to be happy. It is going to do everything it can to match every client with the perfect setting and services for its meetings. The bottom line — the CVB is working for you.
So, make your life easier and let the Kankakee County CVB's fingers do the walking for you!